SA state sponcer

Guest HOPKINSON'S

Guest HOPKINSON'S

We just got email 2day we have STATE SPONSOR wot a good feeling:jiggy:after waiting 4weeks of sleepness nights just waiting n panicking .Now for the next step omg more sleepness nights

Guest snow white

congratulations on gaining your state sponsor now just the packing moving and flight to get on with

lol

all the best try not to panic too much

lesley x

Guest andrew_obrien

Wont be that long trust me check my Signature shows you how fast they was for me i would get your meds done now as from getting a C/O (10 days after letter from SA to DIAC) to getting my meds finalised was 24 hours

Guest Boxertony
Wont be that long trust me check my Signature shows you how fast they was for me i would get your meds done now as from getting a C/O (10 days after letter from SA to DIAC) to getting my meds finalised was 24 hours

Andrew you mentioned that you have got your all your medicals and police checks done already. My current immigration agent mentioned to me that I should not apply for these till I have actually received my Visa, once this has been received then put my house up for sale and apply for medicals and police clearance. The reason for this is that my immigration agent mentioned that I may pay approximately another £1500 for my families medicals and police cleareances and then not receive our visa. Same thing about selling my home. Just wondering are you not scared that you may not get the visa, after you have paid for your medicals and police clearances, unless you have a job on the MODL list, which you should be fairly sure you will gain the appropriate visa.

Tony

Guest Boxertony
We just got email 2day we have STATE SPONSOR wot a good feeling:jiggy:after waiting 4weeks of sleepness nights just waiting n panicking .Now for the next step omg more sleepness nights

I am aware of everything you are going through same as you only just received confirmation of receiving our South Australia State Sponsorship. Neverthless we actually got turned down for South Australia State Sponsorship at first because we did not have £5000 in cash saving only £4200 when we lodge it ten weeks previously, but by the time our State Sponsorship got refused we actually did have £5000 cash savings, so I contacted them and stated this, they refused and asked us to go through the all process again, which would be more expense for us. So I wrote a begging letter and evidence that we had this money countersigned by a Solicitor. We got confirmation last week to say that they have now accepted our state sponsorship, well chuffed now. We have now just completed the next big stage the actual main visa application to the DIAC, this is the hard bit now, we have to just sit back and wait for the next 8 to 12 months to find out if we gain the actual visa - subject to medicals and police clearance that is.

I have never ever been through emotions, which I am currently going through regarding the process of emigrating to Adelaide, South Australia. I keep getting really excited about this amazing venture, but then I have to fight it to try to calm down, just in case I miss out. Then I have the worry about the financial part of this process, for instance, will I have enough money to live off, especailly not gaining state benefits in South Australia? Will my house sell under our financial recession? Will I get a job? Will my kids settle in Adelaide? And then I counteract with: I cannot wait to be on the plane emigrating? Waking up to sunshine? Meeting new people? The BBQ's? Getting excited about planning where to live? What type of property? Do we get a Swimming Pool? etc, etc, etc.

Tony

Guest Mel.R
Andrew you mentioned that you have got your all your medicals and police checks done already. My current immigration agent mentioned to me that I should not apply for these till I have actually received my Visa, once this has been received then put my house up for sale and apply for medicals and police clearance. The reason for this is that my immigration agent mentioned that I may pay approximately another £1500 for my families medicals and police cleareances and then not receive our visa. Same thing about selling my home. Just wondering are you not scared that you may not get the visa, after you have paid for your medicals and police clearances, unless you have a job on the MODL list, which you should be fairly sure you will gain the appropriate visa.

Tony

You need to have your meds and police checks done before as they are part of the rewuired documents for a visa to be granted. You cannot have them done afterwards as you won't get you visa without them. Also £1500 seems a lot for them, we paid £650 for a family of 4. Shop around for a good price. Ours were done in London. PM me if you want the details.

Mx

Guest andrew_obrien

Tony

I just got my visa today so from lodgement to visa grant was 4 weeks. Sponsored visas are taking top priority now so would not think it will take yo a year

Guest HOPKINSON'S

Cheers Andy, well if it takes only 4 weeks i hope our house sells I'll start packing my suitcases now lol.We've just got to fill a form in for our 19 year old who at the moment is undecided wot she wonts in life as u do at 19 (mum n dad no nothing ) but hopefully we can get her included on my visa, she was made redundant and out of work for few months and even though she has just started work again, her hours vary weekly and therefore she remains dependant on us. the obstacle is proving it to the case officer. Unfortunately our daughter hasn't helped her situation as we were advised by agent that it would be advatageous if she were to enrol at a collage but she wouldn,t. Anyone over 18 and under the age off 25 are readily accepted as a dependent if they are in education.

Guest Boxertony

Hi

I feel for you, I had the same issue with my Son, who is 20 years old, he had to be enrolled on a full time college/university course for him to be accepted as a dependent on my Visa. I had to prove that we were financially supporting him, which we provided evidence of the ALG (Adult Learning Grant/EMA Education Maintenance Allowance). Just from my experience, I think you need to get your daughter to attend college/university. I am currently going through hassle with my daughter who is 16 years old she does not want to go to Adelaide, South Australia with us and leave all her mates etc. So she has told her natural mother this and he mother is refusing to sign the declaration, so thats another court case I have to go through. I wish you all the best.

Tony

Guest andrew_obrien

That is a problem for you i would make her enrol otherwise going to be very hard for her to come if not would you still go without her.

Failing all that she could come over on WHV and enrol as a student in OZ after a year if she liked it then apply for her to become a depent on your perminant residency but i think an agent would be able to advise better than me.

Guest katypritchard

We have been told our TRA application is successful today ater being let down very badly by our agent, losing £3500 and doing it myself and I can't tell you how over the moon we are!

We really want to apply for state sponsorship in SA and was wondering if anyone could help me? What sort of things do hthey want you say in your application, are you expected to know which suburb you want to live in etc?

Any help would be greatly received.

Guest HOPKINSON'S

Hi Katy,we was lucky last easter we had a recci of Adelaide plus we stopped at our freinds for 2 weeks so we took alot in living the everyday life ,it was fantastic and cannot wait to get back their.My wife filled application in she can rammble on for england ,they actuly got back to us to fill in the Financial Pro Forma and send it back to them we had to prove how much savings we had in bank (at least 10,000 aus doller) plus how much from sale of house ,sale of cars etc,hope thats enough or someone else might add something,all the best keep in touch ...Max

• 3 weeks later...
Guest katypritchard

Well I submitted the form on 27th, probably made a complete mess of it but fingers crossed - sending supporting documents in tomorrows post :-)

Archived