redirecting UK mail

Guest Lou76

Me again:biggrin:

Just wondering what you all did regarding mail. I am thinking options are use royal mail redirection, or use parent's address, and Mum bundle it all up and send on periodically. Have used Royal mail redirection after we sold our house in December to our rented place and I would estimate about 70% of mail got through - it's not great! We will be in holiday accomodation for 10 or so weeks until our container arrives then we move into long term rental.

What did you all do???

Cheers

hels

Guest snow white
Me again:biggrin:

Just wondering what you all did regarding mail. I am thinking options are use royal mail redirection, or use parent's address, and Mum bundle it all up and send on periodically. Have used Royal mail redirection after we sold our house in December to our rented place and I would estimate about 70% of mail got through - it's not great! We will be in holiday accomodation for 10 or so weeks until our container arrives then we move into long term rental.

What did you all do???

Cheers

hels

we used royal mail still using royal mail set it up online and forwarded mail to my parents house that way anything important they forward to us, and the junk goes in the bin instead of paying for it all to be sent here

lesley x

Hello,

We redirected for a month to my Mum in the Uk who forwarded it and then we set up a 6 mnth redirection to Oz - but it's very sporadic and most of it is junk. So once this one is up we will get it sent to Mum's again so she can filter it!

Like Lesley, we also use the online service.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Kat

x

Guest cazbeckham

We had all our mail redirected by Royal Mail from last Oct when we arrived here and it works out OK apart from anything we bought on our UK credit card. By the time the statement arrived here it was way past the date it should have been paid and we constantly got charged for non payment on time.

I did phone them to explain that if they looked into their records they would see that when we was in the UK, every time we got our bill it was paid on line the same day in full. I said it wasnt my fault it arrived here to late to pay on time and they said it wasnt their fault either that we emigrated and get our UK mail late - hence I had to pay the late payment fee.

Oh they also asked us to cut up our cards as soon as we got here as there was fraudulant activity on them, unfortunately we never knew this until we tried to use our card over here a few times and it got rejected so we had to ring the credit card company in the UK to findout what was happening, then they told us and then said cut up cards and they will send another out.

They never put this on their records and it took another phone call to the UK before they sent us our cards last week.

We got our usual pin number and activated our new cards over the phone and when I asked if we could change the pin they said Of Course, just pop it into the said Building Society slot in the UK and we can change it. I said it was a bit difficult now in Oz so it looks like we are stuck with the pin number they gave us - ARRRGGHHH!!!

Can't even get a credit card in Australia as we are retired and not working, even though we have regular pension paid into Oz bank and we also have an internet business all set up here.

Oh well never mind - just pay cash for everything no worries.

Caz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paradisi

I used aroyal mail to forward everything to a letter box mail serviec centre somewhere in the wilds of yorkshire - - the blokes name was Mark Addy - - don't know if he ws the actor

and as I moved around looking for somewhere I advised him where the next months mail shoulld be sent to

Archived