Shepparton - Looking for footballers

Guest LFCCOL

Shepparton, is a regional town about 2 hours north of Melbourne.

Wondering if there were any football (soccer) players out there of the UK variety that would be interested in playing in Shepparton. Looking for some decent talent to play in our first division outfit. The competition is very competitive in this area...as you may have already found out if you play anywhere in Melbourne or Geelong. Its a pretty big place with plenty of work on offer and the night life is pretty good as well. We currently have 2 english boys in our team and over the years there has been plenty others that have pulled on the boots for Shepparton Soccer Club. Michael Kyd of Cambridge United is probably our most famous englishman to have played for us, banged in about 30 odd goals back in 1996 and upon returning to the UK joined up with Cambridge United (3rd division back then), and straight into the first team....unfortuantely his bad luck with knee injuries cut short what could have become an excellent career in the lower divisions in england.

Guest brenthehen
Shepparton, is a regional town about 2 hours north of Melbourne.

Wondering if there were any football (soccer) players out there of the UK variety that would be interested in playing in Shepparton. Looking for some decent talent to play in our first division outfit. The competition is very competitive in this area...as you may have already found out if you play anywhere in Melbourne or Geelong. Its a pretty big place with plenty of work on offer and the night life is pretty good as well. We currently have 2 english boys in our team and over the years there has been plenty others that have pulled on the boots for Shepparton Soccer Club. Michael Kyd of Cambridge United is probably our most famous englishman to have played for us, banged in about 30 odd goals back in 1996 and upon returning to the UK joined up with Cambridge United (3rd division back then), and straight into the first team....unfortuantely his bad luck with knee injuries cut short what could have become an excellent career in the lower divisions in england.

Hi, I am looking to move to Oz with my family sometime this year. I am a FA coach with my daughter's football team (Steven Gerrard's youth team, Heygarth Utd) but have played football all of my life. I have played for teams at am level all around the country including Liverpool Uni, London College of Printing and at the spritely age of 32 I signed on for Port Sunlight Village FC. I have played mainly in defence but am equally at home as a holding midfielder. In my youth as a midfielder I was able to break forward and in one game scored 4 goals for my works team. Whilst age is no longer on my side (I am now 39) I beleive that I have a lot to offer on the coaching side and would be able to play some part as a holding midfielder/centre half. highest level?? playing against Northwich Victoria in the Cheshire Cup.

i would be grateful if when I do go to Oz, that I could come along for a chat or get involved with a few training sessions.

Cheers

Bren

Archived