parent visa not cpv-please help

Guest susy

my mum can not afford to do a CPV so we are going to have to lodge a parent visa (which we are aware of the time scale,approx 10 years) if we lodge this, can my mum still come over to perth on a 12 month visa (676) at a time. so for example would the DIAC be a bit kinder with her 676 at a time. any info would be great. we are really struggling to get my mum into perth. by the way my mum is in her early 50's

Also would mum have to be on or off shore. any light on this would be great. i need my mum as i am a single parent with children.

Guest chris_mac
my mum can not afford to do a CVP so we are going to have to lodge a parent visa (which we are aware of the time scale,approx 10 years) if we lodge this, can my mum still come over to perth on a 12 month visa (676) at a time. so for example would the DIAC be a bit kinder with her 676 at a time. any info would be great. we are really struggling to get my mum into perth. by the way my mum is in her early 50's

Hi Susy,

I cant really help but to bump this thread back up. A certain moderator on here (Gill) is currently undertaking a similar process for her mother to so hopefully Gill will see this.. However, please be advised that as a moderator Gill is extremely busy looking after the running of the site but when time permits replies to such threads.

Best wishes

Chris

Guest Gollywobbler
my mum can not afford to do a CPV so we are going to have to lodge a parent visa (which we are aware of the time scale,approx 10 years) if we lodge this, can my mum still come over to perth on a 12 month visa (676) at a time. so for example would the DIAC be a bit kinder with her 676 at a time. any info would be great. we are really struggling to get my mum into perth. by the way my mum is in her early 50's

Also would mum have to be on or off shore. any light on this would be great. i need my mum as i am a single parent with children.

Hi Susy

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You will hate me for saying this but I want to leave Parent visas aside until later on in this reply. There may be a better, faster way to do the whole thing.

There are three angles to this, being:

1. Does Mum have an occupation which would get her into Oz as a skilled migrant in her own right via employer-sponsoreship?

2. If not then is Mum wholly or substantially dependent on you financially, because that might be another possiblity?

3. If Mum eligible for Parent migration if all else fails?

What is your own occupation please Susy and which visa are you applying for?

How old is Mum please, exactly?

Your own plan sounds a bit clumsy to me and with more information we might be able to come up with a faster-acting, more streamlined plan.

DIAC would permit Mum to have one or more 12 month stays on 676 visas as long as she can afford to support herself without working for a year at a time. Note - she supports herself, not you support her.

DIAC definitely would NOT permit Mum to use repeated 686 visas in quick succession as a means of "living" in Oz as opposed to "visiitng" from time to time.

Hence I am looking to see whether we can do the whole thing a different way.

Does Mum meet the Balance of Family Test? Are you sure? Does she have any step-children because the BoF test becomes tricky when step-children are involved. (Tell me about that one! My mother has a daughter in Oz, one in the UK and also a step-daughter in the UK. It took us 13 years to get a CPV for my Mum because we had to wait for the Australian Government to wake up to the fact that a step-child is no longer one of the "children" iif the originating relationship has been severed by the death of or divorce from the step-child's natural parent.)

Best wishes

Gill

Archived