417 worries!

Guest castle

Hi,

I bet you're sick to death of answering questions for worried visa applicants, however I'd much appreciate everyones advice!

I have just this minute applied for my 2nd Working holiday visa. I am still on my 1st 417 and have just finished my 88days specified work as a raspberry picker I have a few days left, but was so excited about completing my 88days I wanted to get straight onto it!!!

Anyway... I have a criminal record (affray in April 2004 for which i recieved a 6month sentance in a young offenders institute). I submitted all the relevant info such as a police check, personal account of events, how I was sorry, and i have learnt from the experience, and heaps of references etc when applying for my 1st 417 visa. I didn't realise that when applying online for the 2nd visa that it would ask me again, so obviously when the question was asked I was truthful and answered the question with a yes, I do have a record, and how long i was sentenced for etc... but I didn't supply any references and police checks as before... I thought initially that they should still have all the info from my previous application, but then remembered they sent it back to me after i submitted the form. Do you think this will be a problem???

I have also been told I must have a chest x-ray, and a medical. Do you know why they'd do this now, and not on my 1st visa?

And last question! Do you know how long the process will take? Like I say i only have 7week! I'm going to book my medical in the morning to get the balls rolling.

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike:wink:

Archived