parent visas

clubby67

Hi Gill

Thanks for getting back to me, I would like to know a few things like how long roughly will it take to get a visa and my daughter is turning 15 in May will she have to pay the large instalment if she is 18 before the visa is granted, if we apply now.

Hope you or someone can help.

Wilma (Clubby67)

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

Thanks for getting back to me, I would like to know a few things like how long roughly will it take to get a visa and my daughter is turning 15 in May will she have to pay the large instalment if she is 18 before the visa is granted, if we apply now.

Hope you or someone can help.

Wilma (Clubby67)

Hi Wilma

If you apply now it will take about two years before your visas will be granted. The quota of offshore CPVs (which includes both 173 and 143 vsas) is 5,900 a year. Demand is running at a good 1.5 times the rate of supply and is probably about 1.75 times more than the annual supply, hence the timescale is stretching.

my daughter is turning 15 in May will she have to pay the large instalment if she is 18 before the visa is granted, if we apply now.

If you apply now, before she turns 15 or soon afterwards, with the processing likely to take 2 years your daughter would still be under 18 when the CPVs are granted. Similarly, the amount of the 2nd Instalment for you and OH will be fixed at the rate in force on the date when your application is lodged.

My guess is that the amount of the 2nd Instalment for your dependant child is probably fixed at the time of the application, as for you and Hubby. I would expect them to take this stance as a matter of Policy. However, I recommend that you e-mail parents@immi.gov.au, mark the e-mail for the attention of the Manager and ask them this specific question, so that you get an answer in writing that you can print off and send with the application, gently but firmly holding them to whatever they say in response to your e-mail. The e-mail address above is the general one for the Perth Offshore Parents Centre and they usually respond within 2 working days.

Please sing out if you have any other queries.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest gill_58

Hi Clubby,

I am apply for a cpv. began the process last year through an agent.

got my letter of acknowledgement 18th march... now in the waiting game for a case officer and info on when I might be in the batch of visa grants reading posts on here looking likely some time after july.

gill

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi there has anyone applied for a contributory parent visa (143 or 147) as I have not read about any on the fourms.

Thanks clubby67

:hug:welcome to PIO Clubby67. My parents applied for a CPV and theirs was granted last year. Theirs took 17 months. I am their sponsor and am happy to help with any queries. My Mum is CazBeckham on here and Im sure that she will be happy to answer any questions having gone through it!:wink:

Archived