Council Rates

Guest zedster

Guest zedster

Does anyone know what the council rates are for Adelaide? Trying to find out on the adelaide city council website but the information is a bit vague (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!)

Also, most things that we've been looking at in our research seems to be payable fortnightly (or the quotes are fortnightly)...is this the norm? Does this apply to pay days with regards working...not that it really matters, just curious.:unsure:

Cheers!

Guest Guest9973
Does anyone know what the council rates are for Adelaide? Trying to find out on the adelaide city council website but the information is a bit vague (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!)

Also, most things that we've been looking at in our research seems to be payable fortnightly (or the quotes are fortnightly)...is this the norm? Does this apply to pay days with regards working...not that it really matters, just curious.:unsure:

Cheers!

Rates vary from council to council so hard to get an average.Based on land and property value.

Quite often reassessed when a property changes hands.

To give you an idea from the Onkaparinga council area for our 2 rentals.

House 1 we paid $330k 2 years ago - capital value $295k

Total rates $1073.60

House 2 we paid $297k 3 years ago - capital value $290k

Total rates $1059.30

Payable quarterly.

If you own a smallholding you get reductions such as Primary Producer - we have an olive grove on our main residence - gives us a reduction of around $400 PA.

:smile:

Guest brg1200

A lot of things are done weekly or fortnightly, rent usually quoted weekly, pay usually paid fortnightly I believe.

Makes sense in that you know there are 52 weeks (26 pay packets) in a year and 7 days in every week, as opposed to between 28 and 31 days in a month.

Guest zedster
A lot of things are done weekly or fortnightly, rent usually quoted weekly, pay usually paid fortnightly I believe.

Makes sense in that you know there are 52 weeks (26 pay packets) in a year and 7 days in every week, as opposed to between 28 and 31 days in a month.

It does make sense...easier to work it out:cute:

Archived