Admin/secretarial work in Berwick

Guest Mike&Fiona

Guest Mike&Fiona

Arriving in Melbourne 1st March and are thinking of settling in the Berwick area but not sure how easy it will be for me to find work. My husband will be working in Mulgrave but I would like to work closer to home to be near the school that my girls will be at. Has Berwick got a business district ? Would there be a lot of work about for admin/secretarial posts? I currently work with the NHS as a PA/Secretary with quite a few years experience but not sure if this could account for anything.

Thanks for any info

Fiona

Guest sexkit001

Hi Fiona...

I have mass mailed a number of recruitment agencies across Oz to see what the market is like and to get an idea on salaries (I do the same job as you in the police).. The majority have said the market is quiet at the mo for our kind of role but admin/secretarial are available... email the agencies they are really friendly I have found.. hope this helps.. xx

Hi, I am currently looking for a secretarial/admin job and although not sure about Berwick itself there are load of medical secretary/receptionist jobs in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs unfortunately for me I have no experience in the medical field.

The Dandenong area would have more jobs than Berwick. Jobs in the suburbs are always at a premium even in good times as all the mums want to work close to home. Dandenong Hallam are the areas with all the industry close to Berwick.

To work in the docs you would probably have to have done the medical course.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Fiona

Have a look at the Southern Health website, they have vacancies in Berwick (Casey Hospital), Clayton and Dandenong there doesn't seem much in Berwick for your line of work but maybe just keep your eyes open on their site: SEEK Job Search - Find jobs using multiple job search options

Like Sue (Petals) has said Dandenong is where all the offices are and I am sure you would find work there.

Also check this link for Doctors around Casey Allied Medical Group - Australia | Welcome to Allied Medical Group - Australia | quality facilities services, medical group, allied medical, medical practitioners, financial objectives, professional personal, working environment, achieving, optimum, they say to email them for admin positions. So worth a go.

Good luck

Archived