IOM Fare to Perth and Excess Baggage Allowance

Guest Euan&Katie

Guest Euan&Katie

Has anybody had a price quote from IOM to Perth recently?

I have received two from them, for June and July, and both work out a lot more expensive than the basic one-way tickets direct from Quantas online.

The person at IOM stated that as their rates are negotiated in USD this is probably why.

From what I understand, most airlines Quantas, Emirates and Singapore will give you the extra baggage if you are on a one way ticket and on a Permanent Visa - Is this correct?

Guest PommieLady

We flew with Quantas, and I know that Emirates do but I'm not sure of Singapore.

You have to tell them when you book, and get it in writing as there's usually some confusion at the check in.

Enjoy your flight

Guest graham c

Hi, I also found IOM more expensive than SA, I had an email recently from singapore airlines regarding baggage:

Passengers emigrating to Australia are entitled to double baggage allowance providing they are holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused/unstamped migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32 kilos in weight. This is a health and safety requirement.

If you are not holding the correct visa mentioned above then the checked baggage allowance would be 20 kilos.

Singapore Airlines policy on cabin baggage allows you to carry one item of cabin baggage only, per passenger, which must not weigh more than 7 kilos and must not exceed 115cm in dimensions (height + depth + width). Apart from your 7 kilos, you can also carry any one personal item as mentioned below :

A lady’s handbag

An overcoat

An umbrella or walking stick

A laptop or notebook computer

A small camera

A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight

Archived