De Facto Statutory Declaration Help please!!

Guest becster80

Guest becster80

Hi all,

I have been offered a position starting as soon as possible for a 12 month period in Melbourne for which I will be applying for a 457 visa. My partner also wants to join me and originally we thought he would be able to get a 457 also but unfortunately, although he has been offered work he cannot get sponsorship.

We have been together for a number of years but only lived together since March this year after he returned from a 4 month work placement in Australia (I joined him for the last month). However, we don't have much evidence in terms of living together therefore are hoping to be able to provide some Statutory Declarations to support what evidence we do have (travel documents, joint savings account, photos, invites etc).

Does anyone have any advice for who to get to give a Stat Dec, who to witness it and what to include in it?

And any other advice would be really gratefully received!!

Thanks!

My daughter has given stat decs a couple of times to help friends who were marrying people from overseas. Of course she is here in Aus but I imagine it would be the same in the UK.

The stat dec just stated her knowledge of their relationship.

Sure it would be the same for you ,.

Archived