Sign in to follow this  
Guest peter

visas

Guest peter

HI EVERYONE, :)

I`M AN ELECTRICIAN LOOKING TO EMIGRATE TO WESTERN AUSTRALIA WITH MY PARTNER EVE.WERE IN THE EARLY STAGES TRYING TO GATHER AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE, ATTENDED OZ EXPO IN LONDON LAST MONTH WHICH WAS VERY HELPFULL,WAS GIVEN CONDITIONAL STATE SPONSORSHIP FOR SKILLED MIGRATION TO W.A.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME,ASSUMING EVERY THING GOES OK WITH THE APPLICATION,IS THERE A TIME LIMIT SET FROM HAVING THE VISA FOR MIGRATION TO ACTUALLY ARRIVING IN AUSTRALIA OR IS IT YOUR OWN CHOICE AS TO WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO ARRIVE.

THANKS.....PETER.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Cal
    HI EVERYONE, :)

I`M AN ELECTRICIAN LOOKING TO EMIGRATE TO WESTERN AUSTRALIA WITH MY PARTNER EVE.WERE IN THE EARLY STAGES TRYING TO GATHER AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE, ATTENDED OZ EXPO IN LONDON LAST MONTH WHICH WAS VERY HELPFULL,WAS GIVEN CONDITIONAL STATE SPONSORSHIP FOR SKILLED MIGRATION TO W.A.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME,ASSUMING EVERY THING GOES OK WITH THE APPLICATION,IS THERE A TIME LIMIT SET FROM HAVING THE VISA FOR MIGRATION TO ACTUALLY ARRIVING IN AUSTRALIA OR IS IT YOUR OWN CHOICE AS TO WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO ARRIVE.

THANKS.....PETER.

Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum.

You have 12 months from the date of your police checks or medicals (whichever is the earlier date of the two). The only time I think this changes is if you have a health undertaking due to a medical condition and then it can be 6 months instead.

So the clock starts ticking really from when you have one of the above done.

Good luck with the process, it's like a rollercoaster ride, up,down,up,down

Cal x

Guest ironmaggi

Hi Peter

Good luck with the process. Just wanted to ask - which expo did you go to? We're holding out for the one in a couple of weeks but I didn't know there was an earlier one in London!

Thanks

Maggi

Guest ironmaggi

Hi Peter

Good luck with the process. Just wanted to ask - which expo did you go to? We're holding out for the one in a couple of weeks but I didn't know there was an earlier one in London!

Thanks

Maggi

Guest peter
    Hi Peter

Thanks

Maggi

HI MAGGI,

THE EXPO THAT I ATTENDED WAS (SKILLS4OZ) AT AUSTRALIA HOUSE LONDON.

PETER.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The_Kennedy's
        Hi, 
        Thinking of moving to Aus with my family, my current position at home is Gas Operations Manager, running large contracts within the domestic gas industry. Could anyone advise how I would go about finding the same or similar lines of work in Aus? 
        Thank you in advance. 

• By Stevefife
        Did anyone find a way round the TRA assessment for the skilled visas as the UK training isn't recognised?
        I've read back on some of the previous posts regarding this but the threads and links are dated and just wondering if there are any up to date links available?
      • Guest Gollywobbler
        By Guest Gollywobbler
        Hi all
        I've just lifted the following extract out of the DIAC annual report for 2006/7. Unfortunately, all that it does is to confirm the advice which Alan Collett and other Agents started to give about 7 or 8 months ago.
        Here are the Official Words, though, anyway:
        Parent visas
        All 1000 places available in the non-contributory parent category were filled in 2006-07. The contributory parent migration category came into effect on 27 June 2003 and there were 3500 visas granted in this category in 2006-07.
        The category was capped for the first time in June 2006. In 2007-08 there will again be 4500 visa places available – 1000 in the parent category and 3500 in the contributory parent category.
        Processing times for the offshore contributory parent category visas did not meet published performance standards through 2006-07. The number of applications received by the Perth Offshore Parents Centre (POPC) have more than doubled in three years (from about 3000 cases in 2005 to more than 7000 cases at June 2007) and the average application rate is 325 cases (525 people) per month. With only 3500 visa places available under the programme, POPC faced a rapidly increasing workload and consequent backlog.
        The department responded to this situation by putting in place a number of revised management practices to ensure smarter processing, including restructuring POPC and introducing streamlined processing methods to improve productivity and efficiency.
        The expected gains did not show immediately and it will take some time for these measures to take effect and catch up with on-hand applications.
        I presume that bundling Parent and CPV applicants into the backlog at the LCU is part of the new "streamlined processing methods". :no:
        Cheers
        Gill
      • By Alan Collett
        Musing on why the Australian Government now appears to preference general skilled visas (subclasses 189, 190, 489) over the permanent employer sponsored visas (subclasses 186 and 187).
        The former do not have a guarantee of employment in Australia, and often have difficulty securing a position in their skilled occupation.
        The latter are already working in Australia, and are paying income tax.
        Surely the better outcome for Australia is a skilled migrant who is employed and is paying tax?
        Is it simply that Government can't prosecute the case adequately with the Australian people?
        Or are we going to see a scaling back in the general skilled visa program in the next few weeks (eg a raised points threshold)?
        We live in relatively uncertain times.
        Best regards.