Euro for UK

Guest paulwbafc

Guest paulwbafc

Hi

I have heard on the radio that the labour government is planning to bring the Euro to the UK by using the recession to drop value of sterling. Also britain is very close to meeting the convergence criteria enabling britain to make a smooth transition into the Euro. Labour will do the sell along the lines of it will help britains business with a single currency. :realmadxmas:

Guest earlswood
Hi

I have heard on the radio that the labour government is planning to bring the Euro to the UK by using the recession to drop value of sterling. Also britain is very close to meeting the convergence criteria enabling britain to make a smooth transition into the Euro. Labour will do the sell along the lines of it will help britains business with a single currency. :realmadxmas:

Never in a million years, it was on the radio the other day and Gordon Brown has no plans for it and it would have go to a vote anyway...so no chance would the public vote for it especially as the pound is so weak at the momment.

Guest BRISSYBOUND

A vote, don't make me laugh no UK government would give us a vote on anything that important. They wouldn't want all us plebs spoiling their plans and the way things are going the Euro will come in by default anyway, once the exchange rate is a couple of pence either way on a regular basis that'll be the begining of the end for the Pound.

Guest earlswood
A vote, don't make me laugh no UK government would give us a vote on anything that important. They wouldn't want all us plebs spoiling their plans and the way things are going the Euro will come in by default anyway, once the exchange rate is a couple of pence either way on a regular basis that'll be the begining of the end for the Pound.

They would have to give a vote as they have always said in the past, they are waiting for the right time but it will never come....any goverment knows if they went in without a vote would mean the end of their party for decades.

Guest BRISSYBOUND

When has any UK government listened to the general public, every major decision about taking us closer to Europe has been taken against the wishes of most people. The only time any of them care about what we think is the three weeks before an election.

Guest earlswood
When has any UK government listened to the general public, every major decision about taking us closer to Europe has been taken against the wishes of most people. The only time any of them care about what we think is the three weeks before an election.

almost Every country in Europe has had a vote to acept the Euro or reject it...they will never accept it without a vote as they have pledged it would go to a vote in the past,,,,to do it without a vote is political suicide..and they know it.

Guest BRISSYBOUND

Most of them had a vote on the Euro constitution but not on monetary union, only Denmark and Sweden had a vote on monetary union and even if it did go to a vote the question would be rigged in a way to confuse everyone. As for political suicide, people would just associate the decision with whoever was the prime Minister, look at Heath taking us into the Common market or Blair taking us into Iraq. Why are we worried about the Euro, I'm moving to Oz and you're already there.LOL

If you want to call yourself a pleb be my guest but let the rest have our own thoughts.

Archived