Nursing in Oz

Guest k3rry4nn

Guest k3rry4nn

Hello, Im Kerry a single mum with 3 children and a 3rd year student nurse,, i'm wondering if anyone coulde advise on the best way to start looking for nursing jobs in perth? and how to go about this from the UK? x:rolleyes:

Guest tandcmum

I would look on the WA health website as there is quite a lot of info on there, and i'm sure they take on and sponsor new graduates onto their grauate nursing programmes.

I basically just sent a copy of my CV to the email they provide on there and i got an email back asking me to go for interview which is in Glasgow in 2 weeks time. They actually have a UK branch so they do interviews over here quite often

Guest gibbboe
Hello, Im Kerry a single mum with 3 children and a 3rd year student nurse,, i'm wondering if anyone coulde advise on the best way to start looking for nursing jobs in perth? and how to go about this from the UK? x:rolleyes:

Hello Kerry,

Its surprising straightforward. I am also a 3rd year nurse, I was going to Perth. I arranged an interview with the health board when they were in uk in August. They basically stated they couldnt give me a written job offer as I hadn't qualified yet BUT they said as long as i was flexible and got back in contact when I qualify I would get a place on there grad scheme starting Aug 09. They stated I just needed to call them again when i qualify, get my uni transcrips sent to the equivalent of the NMC in Perth, I then need to start my application for for the 457 visa but they would support my application. They offered some travel expenses, to be repaid if I left within 2 years.

It was all positive stuff and they were nice people. Decided against Perth purely because it was to far from my friends in Sydney and Melbourne. :wub:

Archived