Citizenship Processing times & Private Ceremonies

Guest pontings gone!

Guest pontings gone!

I am able to apply for citizenship within 10 days. Some hot job has come up requiring citizenship and I don't want to miss out because of delays in concluding my citizenship application.

I'm pretty organized as Ive done the test and aquired all necessary documentation. I'm assuming that the approval will be given quickly and any delay will be waiting for a public ceremony.

What are you experiences of requesting private ceremonies? I am considering requesting a private ceremony so I can secure that job. How helpful have the council been for this type of request?

Also how long has it taken for you between putting the application in and becoming a citizenship? I'm particularly interested in Melbourne based people.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

I don't know the answers but I will be interested to hear how you get on with your request for a private ceremony.

We are toying with the idea of a Citizenship application for my Mum (aged 88.) She is largely wheelchair bound and I don't think she would welcome a public ceremony. I am hoping that we will be able to persuade the relevant official to go to the house or, failing that, for Mum & family to go to the official's office in private. Mum feels conspicuous because of her wheelchair, the hassle which is sometimes involved because of it etc and it is not going to be worth it if she is going to get into a nerve-racked stew about the whole thing.

I'd be interested to hear whether you manage to achieve flexibility about this.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The Pom Queen

We recently did our citizenship we did the test in Dandenong and put the application forms in on the 2nd September and we got our approval letter on the 10th September saying that we still had to do the oath before we became true citizens so had to wait for the council and the earliest date we got was the 27th November. I have heard people putting in special requests due to passports and holidays and they have taken their oath with 2 weeks, I am not sure if they do it for employment purposes but there is no harm in asking. Good Luck!!!!!!

Guest pontings gone!

Thanks. That is where I intend to apply to. I would be happy with that sort of approval turnaround for my application.

No harm in asking for private ceremony when its for a good reason.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks. That is where I intend to apply to. I would be happy with that sort of approval turnaround for my application.

No harm in asking for private ceremony when its for a good reason.

Good luck and hope you get your job:emoticon-signxmas:

Archived