Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bet

Baggage Allowance Quatas

Guest Bet

Hi ya I might have gotten this all wrong, but for some reason I am lead to believe that if you are making your first trip (validation) to Auz travelleing by Quantas you are given some addtional baggage allowance.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Cal

Hi Bet

Most of the airlines (but check out the one you intend to use), give a 40kg baggage allowance to those emigrating with a PR visa, you can only use this once though. Check with the airline concerned.

For those going on an SIR, we are flying with Singapore Air and they have agreed an increased baggage allowance, upto 30kgs per person, as we are emigrating but on a provisional/temp visa.

Also there are special migrant fares ( very expensive though) that give extra baggage allowance.

Cal x

Guest afs

If you fly via America, you can take 2 pieces of luggage weighing 32kg each. That is what I just did...plus it broke up the journey. I don't know why going through Asia you are only allowed 1 piece of 20kg. Not sure about rules for Permanent Residency Visa holders though.

Guest afs

If you fly via America, you can take 2 pieces of luggage weighing 32kg each. That is what I just did...plus it broke up the journey. I don't know why going through Asia you are only allowed 1 piece of 20kg. Not sure about rules for Permanent Residency Visa holders though.