What now ????

Guest erinfay

Guest erinfay

Having sent our passports to australia house on the 14 nov checked track and trace they were delivered on 17th nov I still haven't received anything back so phoned them today only to be told they have no record of them, so phoned the post office who said they were delivered along with 41 other items so me thinks all 5 passports are all lost in the system somewhere :nah:

I don't know what to do now and am really worried I know we are not going for a while yet :cry:

Any advice please!!!

Erinfay

Guest hairdresser uk

If they have been recieved and you have the proof of that, ring them or email them with the number for them to trace it or a copy of the trace for them to simply read.

they are prob sat on a desk somewhere then again if they have misplaced them and you have the proof of delivery then I would have thought they would have to cost the replacements.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Erinfay!

So sorry to hear the passports have been lost as far as you can tell...!

I'm not sure what to suggest but hopefully you'll get them back or they'll refund replacements!

Regards,

Dan xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Erinfay

dima_visa_evid - Australian High Commission

Did you use Special Delivery both ways? That is what Australia House recommend.

If you did so and the passports are missing, go to your local Post Office, demand the Postmaster and give him a serious earful. Tell him in no uncertain terms to find the package immediately - a silver pouch is conspicuous enough - and to arrange for its immediate delivery to your house. The Postmaster has a car. He can bring it to you himself.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest erinfay
Hi Erinfay

dima_visa_evid - Australian High Commission

Did you use Special Delivery both ways? That is what Australia House recommend.

If you did so and the passports are missing, go to your local Post Office, demand the Postmaster and give him a serious earful. Tell him in no uncertain terms to find the package immediately - a silver pouch is conspicuous enough - and to arrange for its immediate delivery to your house. The Postmaster has a car. He can bring it to you himself.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

thanks for the reply

no I didn't know about sending a return address special delivery envelope.

but I did send it special delivery the post office are telling me it's been delivered but the people at Australia house say they have no record of this I have emailed australia house with the track an trace number and asked what I should do next.

thanks again

Erinfay

Guest erinfay
If they have been recieved and you have the proof of that, ring them or email them with the number for them to trace it or a copy of the trace for them to simply read.

they are prob sat on a desk somewhere then again if they have misplaced them and you have the proof of delivery then I would have thought they would have to cost the replacements.

Thanks I have emailed them, not going to phone again just yet think it's already cost £12 today for 12 minutes lol

Erinfay

Guest erinfay

A quick update on lost passports

I have phoned post office and got a proof of delivery and emailed this to Australia house, A/H phoned me and after some to-ing and fro-ing of whose fault it was i.e was i sure it got to them and not the indian embassy which has the same address apart from one letter in the postcode, yeah thats why the proof of delivery was stamped australia house :realmad:

any way when they decide that they have been lost on their soil then I can claim for 5 new passports but I don't know whether that means I have to pay then claim back or whether they will just foot the bill.

hope this makes sense am typing as thinking

anyway will email them again monday if I don't hear anything tomorrow. then maybe go there and speak to some one face to face :arghh:

sorry to go on

Erinfay

Guest WARDStoOZ
A quick update on lost passports

I have phoned post office and got a proof of delivery and emailed this to Australia house, A/H phoned me and after some to-ing and fro-ing of whose fault it was i.e was i sure it got to them and not the indian embassy which has the same address apart from one letter in the postcode, yeah thats why the proof of delivery was stamped australia house :realmad:

any way when they decide that they have been lost on their soil then I can claim for 5 new passports but I don't know whether that means I have to pay then claim back or whether they will just foot the bill.

hope this makes sense am typing as thinking

anyway will email them again monday if I don't hear anything tomorrow. then maybe go there and speak to some one face to face :arghh:

sorry to go on

Erinfay

Go on as much as you want lol that's what we're here for...!!! Hope you hear from them soon and that they'll be honest with you...!

Dan xx

Guest hairdresser uk

glad to hear something is happening.

get it in writing from them, keep all your reciepts and errr there is the mention of the cost of the phone calls you have had to make £12 for 12 mins well they should foot the bill for that too and then they are getting off cheap as you could always shout compensation, stress, anxiety, loss of work and not to mention your time, the running round chasing and correcting their error.

just ask for a blank cheque lol, hope you get your new ones soon

Guest erinfay

well been on phone most of today backward and forward between royal mail and Australia house :arghh:

post office say that it was delivered and signed for so now it is out of their hands.

Australia house say they have searched the building and have no record of them and to get back in touch with royal mail arhhhhhhhhhhhh

I told Australia house that I would go there in person on monday then maybe some one would take me seriously and was told well you can but they are not here, I have proof of delivery stamped with Australia high comisson what more evidence do they need!!!

totally stumped now

think I may still go with all documents that I have

there must be some one in authority that I can speak to in person

Erinfay

:emoticon-signxmas: by the way

• 1 month later...
Guest erinfay

hi sorry didn't think to update this thread just done a new one

well yes got passports back they were lost by royal mail but because they were classed as delivered on their records they were sent to national returns centre in belfast and sent back to me.

so I took them in person to Australia house. they are never leaving my hands again lol

Archived