Warrnambool Anyone??

Guest angiebabe

Guest angiebabe

Is anyone moving to or live in Warrnambool??

Hubby has been offered a job in Warrnambool but we are just not sure if its too far out...we are visiting the area over the weekend and hubby is meeting with his prospective employer before making the move.

I just wanted some opinions of others that are there or have lived there..i have 2 children 12 & 7 and would need activities for them..and any info on schools would be fantastic!

Are there any don'ts in regards to where to live...Are there any new builds/developments happening there..

We only have the weekend to try and find out as much info as possible during the visit..then hubby will have to make a decision on the job...it would also mean us moving again and changing kids schools and we have only just arrived in Melbourne so its a big decision..:unsure: Please help!!

I have not lived there but we visit and we like it. It is cold in the winter and wetter over there than here which is a bonus I think with our drought. The hospital is ok my daughters's friend who is a clinical psychologist did her PHD through the hospital there and lived there and she liked it. She lived in a small village outside of Warrnambool and commuted.

Go down and have a look take a few days and stay there. If its a really good safe job and money is fine at least the commute to work would be easy. It does not have to be forever.

When we came here we would have lived anywhere there was a good income for the family and it just turned out my husband got a job in Carrum which was close to where we lived and here we are.

Archived