UK Customs

Guest the_zings

Guest the_zings

I just wondered if the UK customs were as strict as the Aussies? We plan on being prepared with regards to scrubbing mud off bikes etc, but just wondered if they were a bit more lenient than Aussie customs.....? Any tips much appreciated!

Also, it seems to have taken for ever and a day for our furniture to get out here. It left UK on 25 Aug and the latest update we have had says it won't arrive in Sydney until 4 Nov! The shipping company we are using for the return leg has estimated that it will only take 6-8 weeks to get back. For anyone who has moved back to UK - how long did it take for furniture to arrive?? Not that it matters really, just trying to get an idea.

Thanks

I just wondered if the UK customs were as strict as the Aussies? We plan on being prepared with regards to scrubbing mud off bikes etc, but just wondered if they were a bit more lenient than Aussie customs.....? Any tips much appreciated!

Also, it seems to have taken for ever and a day for our furniture to get out here. It left UK on 25 Aug and the latest update we have had says it won't arrive in Sydney until 4 Nov! The shipping company we are using for the return leg has estimated that it will only take 6-8 weeks to get back. For anyone who has moved back to UK - how long did it take for furniture to arrive?? Not that it matters really, just trying to get an idea.

Thanks

The uk customs are diffinately not as bad as Aussie, in fact they are too relaxed.

Guest Barry78

UK customs are not as bad from memory, as for transit time it all depends on which shipping carrier you use i suppose. I know the transit time either way is around 30 to 40 days.

Archived