Moved to NSW in 2006

Guest petergarylegg

Guest petergarylegg

Hi, I am Pete, I moved to the Hunter Valley in 2006, I am still finding my way around the area as far as Newcastle, Woy woy etc. I would like to know where I can find some wholesale outlets for food, clothing, gardening supplies & anything similar that may be usefull & save me some money. Your help is greatfully received. Thanks, Pete

:jiggy:

Guest yvonne-d

Hi Pete,

I live in Maitland we have a good fruit and veg shop sells whatever is in season at a good price.

Also good butcher on way to Rutherford not sure of name but its a pink building.

Hope that helps

Yvonne.

Guest petergarylegg

Yvonne, I live near Cessnock, so not far from you. Thank you for the info, I go to Maitland, Greenhills, Rutherford etc at least once a fortnight, so I will look out for those places. I just find it harder to locate good discount stores & wholesalers over here, back in the UK I know loads. I just need to source places here. Thank's again

Guest yvonne-d

Hi Pete glad to help.

Just a quick question if you dont mind, is your surname Legg?

As that was my surname befor i got married,

Yvonne.

Guest petergarylegg

Yes it is Legg, My grandfather on my fathers side was born in Canada & emigrated to England, so I guess the name is French canadien, as it was originally pronounced differently "Leis -ure" as the first part of leisure.

Archived