Moving to Victora

Guest The Hunters

Guest The Hunters

Hi

we are in the process of completing our imigration papers and are looking at coming out to victoria in Janruary to look at some areas we would like to live in. we have been looking around the torquay area, has anyone got any suggestiions on this,my son would like it to be in an area were there is a rugby team as he has played amuteur rugby league for the last 5 years and is keen to countinue.

Many thanks

Guest julie2g1b

hi there the hunters

welcome to pio sorry cant help going perth just wanted to say hi and good luck with the visa...........

someone will be along soon (well loads lol )to answer your questions.........

have a great trip as well

julie :wubclub:

Welcome, I live over the other side of the Bay on the Mornington Peninsula but have visited Torquay a bit. Its quite a long way from Melbourne the other side of Geelong, there is a lot of building going there lots of houses being built on the hill. Its popular as a retirement destination, do not know about rugby but usually there are clubs around but its a surfy place.

Have a look at the Shire web pages and they will provide you with some information about Torquay. Also look at Realestate.com.au for housing in Torquay as well.

Surf Coast Shire

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Mick, Joanne and Tom. Good Luck with the visas. Torquay is a lovely place but like Forgetmenot says it is a long way from Melbourne. You could go for the Bayside suburbs (Beaumaris, Brighton, Sandringham, Mentone), you then have the beach and are not far from some great Rugby Clubs, you have the Harlequins which are based near Chadstone Shopping Centre in Ashford Untitled you also have the Melbourne Rugby Club Melbourne Rugby Club - Home of the Mighty Unicorns which is approx 8k from Brighton (Bayside area)

Hope this helps

Kate

Hi, We have only been here 6 weeks and are renting in Highton which is a 20min drive from Torquay. We have been to Torquay loads of times and we all absolutely love it there. Two of our boys are joining Nippers (lifesaving club) there. We will probably still settle around the Highton area as it has everything we want and the kids are settled in school there, but with the bonus of being just a sort drive from Torquay and the rest of the Great Ocean Road and 10mins from Geelong. Good luck with the move and if there is anything else you want to know or need give us a shout and we'll to help. Cheers Jo

We live in Torquay and love it here, a nice place to live, people very sporty and relaxed. My second if not equal choice as spock above says is Highton, geelong. With new ring road being built Torquay and Highton will be a lot quicker getting to Melbourne. Belmont is very handy for evrything too.

Rugby? I am sure there are rugby clubs around, but Vic is not a rugby state. Sports clubs are cheap and accessible in victoria. e.g. basketball, cricket, soccer.

Schools? PM me if you'd like to know more.

Cheers

Fiona

Archived