Hi everyone

Guest nitz

Hi i'm Nitz, my husband Rob and son Dan and I hope to give living in Australia a try in 3 years time. Does anyone else feel desperate to try a life in the sun but feel scared to uproot your family in case it doesn't work?

Hi Nitz

Welcome to PIO.

We are looking at Brisbane to be our home as it stands now but we are investigating other possibilities.

I can honestly say I have no such worry I cant wait. We are taking definately 2 kids {13, 11} trying to persuade other one {17} to come with us. We have said if it does not work we can always come home.

I have always told my kids that I would never do anything that would hurt them and I dont intend to start now lets just treat it as an adventure and have fun.

Luckily we dont have massive ties to this country parents live in Spain and other family scattered all over the country we will probably see more of them over there.

Best wishes

Kaye :)

Hi Kaye and family,

Glad to hear you are so relaxed about moving. We have been looking into all areas and are not yet decided where to settle, depends on job opportunities as my husband is a teacher. It is really exciting to read about so many people determined to live their dream.

...but feel scared to uproot your family in case it doesn't work?

Today - YES :cry:

Yesterday - NO :lol:

The day before - YES :oops:

The day before that - NO :D

Archived