I've just qualified as a Nurse - Yey!! How long before I can apply for my Oz Visa?

ninamorley

Hi, My name's Nina, I'm 27 and have just qualified as a nurse. I'm married to Marcus and we have a 7 year old daughter. We all love being active and outdoors but are totally fed up of the weather in the UK.

We have been dreaming of emigrating to Oz for the last 3 years, and at last I have finished my nurse training so the end is in sight. I was just wondering whether I need 12 months nursing experience before I can apply for my Visa or if I can apply now and gain my experience while I'm waiting for my visa to be processed.

Also could anyone explain the process of applying for a visa as a nurse - am I best using an agency or doing it myself? or should I try and get a job offer and sponsorship? I'd be really greatful to hear from anyone who has been through the process or who could offer me some advice .... infact i'd like to here from anyone at all !!!

Thanks very much

Nina

x

Guest stockies

Welcome to PIO nina , Im not able to help you with your questions but there are a lot of nurses on here who can ......Im sure someone will be along soon.

Good luck with everything and congratulations on becoming a nurse.

Claire. XX

Guest guest17301
Hi, My name's Nina, I'm 27 and have just qualified as a nurse. I'm married to Marcus and we have a 7 year old daughter. We all love being active and outdoors but are totally fed up of the weather in the UK.

We have been dreaming of emigrating to Oz for the last 3 years, and at last I have finished my nurse training so the end is in sight. I was just wondering whether I need 12 months nursing experience before I can apply for my Visa or if I can apply now and gain my experience while I'm waiting for my visa to be processed.

Also could anyone explain the process of applying for a visa as a nurse - am I best using an agency or doing it myself? or should I try and get a job offer and sponsorship? I'd be really greatful to hear from anyone who has been through the process or who could offer me some advice .... infact i'd like to here from anyone at all !!!

Thanks very much

Nina

x

Hi Nina,

Congratulations on gaining your registration!

As far as I know most hospitals will offer you a sponsored 457 (temp 4 yr) visa on a graduate nursing programme straight away.

If you want to get to Oz quickly I would say its your best bet. I'm sure there will be other replies so you can make an informed decision.

I have 457 sponsorship with a hospital in Perth and leave in January.

Good luck and welcome to PIO x

Guest Martaid15

Hi congratulations on qualifying as a nurse, my wife is a nurse and we have just started the whole emmigration process, we are applying for a 175 visa which gives you the freedom to move from job to job but for this you need 12 months post reg experiance.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Archived