has anyone been to aussie world(sunshine coast).

Guest kazmatt

Guest kazmatt

just wondering if anone has been to aussie world on the sunshine coast, if so, whats it like, its less than half the price of other theme parks, its my daughters birthday tomorrow and we were looking for a good day out, we have already done dream world, white water world, sea world and lone pine koala sanctuary.

Guest The Undies

Hi Kazmatt,

We were there a few weeks ago, we had a drink in the Ettamough Pub outside with a view to going in, my kids are 11 & 8, and to us it looked rubbish from the outside! It looked old & tired and just not worth the money.

This is purely my opinion of course and if you have little ones you may think differently.

Rachael x

Guest kazmatt

NO we have not been to any of those yet, we have not visited the sunshine coast, but we were thinking of having a short break up there around about october.

Guest taffy 62

Well I have first hand experience of it.

I went there with my family and whilst we were there we went to go on the roller coaster but it wasnt working, later in the day they started it up so we stood in the queue. As we were waiting one of the carts got stuck on the hill going up to the first dip! The people were stuck there and in the end they were trying to get them out to walk back along the track! So we thought forget the rollercoaster.

We went on the octapus instead but:..........

When the ride was finishing and we were coming down our arm of the octapus just fell and we crashed to the ground! I hurt my back and knees and my daughter hurt her legs too. The guy said he was really sorry it had never happend before, but there was oil leeks all over the ride which we didnt notice until we were up.

I will never go there again, all the rides looked dodgy and really old and dated, I would stick to paying extra money and go somewhere that seems more safer.

Hope you get to read this early enough before you go.

I would go to movie world first its much better!

Well I have first hand experience of it.

I went there with my family and whilst we were there we went to go on the roller coaster but it wasnt working, later in the day they started it up so we stood in the queue. As we were waiting one of the carts got stuck on the hill going up to the first dip! The people were stuck there and in the end they were trying to get them out to walk back along the track! So we thought forget the rollercoaster.

We went on the octapus instead but:..........

When the ride was finishing and we were coming down our arm of the octapus just fell and we crashed to the ground! I hurt my back and knees and my daughter hurt her legs too. The guy said he was really sorry it had never happend before, but there was oil leeks all over the ride which we didnt notice until we were up.

I will never go there again, all the rides looked dodgy and really old and dated, I would stick to paying extra money and go somewhere that seems more safer.

Hope you get to read this early enough before you go.

I would go to movie world first its much better!

Aussie World seems an appropriate name for the place

Guest taffy 62

Yep I reckon It should be shut down.

I should have sued them lol then I would have had lots of money!!!!!!

I was too scared to go on any more rides after that so I didnt get my moneys worth anyway.

Guest YellowGecko

Speaking of... I do find Australia does seem to close early of an evening!! Not gonna hijack this thread though, so will now butt out.

Guest YellowGecko
Yep I reckon It should be shut down.

I should have sued them lol then I would have had lots of money!!!!!!

I was too scared to go on any more rides after that so I didnt get my moneys worth anyway.

Yeah them rides sounded more like punishment than entertainment. Glad no one got badly hurt, or 'owt.

Archived