Am i just thick!!!

Guest erinfay

Guest erinfay

Hi there I am looking at different schools on the net in hervey bay I have seen a couple that look good as I will need a secondry and primary, I have a 7 yr old who is just starting yr 3 here in uk and a 11 yr old who has just gone into yr 6 my question is, the primary school I've looked at goes to yr 6 no problems there but the secondry school starts yr 8 . omg where is year 7:err: lol

Am I just thick and not looking properly, am I missing something:SLEEP:

thanks

Erinfay

Guest yvetteb1

all i know is that they start 1 year later over here, kindy is the first year in school, but they start at 5. in uk reception start at 4. so aus yr 1 is same age as uk yr 2 and so on. not sure where your missing year 7 is though!

Guest erinfay
all i know is that they start 1 year later over here, kindy is the first year in school, but they start at 5. in uk reception start at 4. so aus yr 1 is same age as uk yr 2 and so on. not sure where your missing year 7 is though!

Thanks for that.

I have since found out that primary schools in queensland go to year 7 and secondry schools start in year 8 . so my daughter will have an extra year in primary

Archived