Passport Help

Guest Em23

I'm a pom and been living Oz for 21 yrs, my passport is out of date and I want to renew as my parents (still in U.K.) aren't getting any younger, do I need a visa also? Where do I send my passport and how much will it be??? Can't believe that after all this time I can't get automatic citizenship, I pay taxes like everyone else!! Costs $180 to get my citizenship, what a joke!!:biglaugh:

You need to download and print the forms from How to renew your passport in Australia and send them off with the relevant photo and fee. They're really hot on the photos so make sure you follow the guidelines to the letter.

Once you've got your passport renewed you need an open ended re-entry visa (will last you for 5 years). You can get the form from the immigration site www.immi.gov.au but it's not working at the moment. Have a look at Resident Return Visa - Australian RRV for more info on the visa you need.

Glad I could help - my OH's dad has just had to do the same thing (he's lived in Australia for about 48 years and is coming over in Oct for a month) so it's all upto date information.

Archived