suburbs

Guest the mortons

Guest the mortons

hello there, we are coming over to live in october, been looking at rentals around the sheidow park trott park hallet cove, does anyone know what the schools are like around these areas dont mind if its good or bad news just would like to know, thanks for any replies xx

• 5 weeks later...

Hello there are 3 schools on Hallett Cove, 2 primary ones and one that covers Reception to Year 12. I think there are 3 around the trott park/sheidow park, 2 public, 1 private.

If you move to Hallett Cove, you will find that it is a big suburb.

You have Hallett Cove East (mine are at this one)

Hallett Cove South (a smaller school) or

Hallet Cove R-12- This one is quite central and if you have kids 12 and over, this is where they will go but you can also send younger ones there, but this is the only school in the area from 12 onwards.

In sheidow park (now I am only guessing, there could be more)

Sheidow park primary

Woodend Primary

St Martins de Porres-up to year 5 and private.

My kids are doing ok at HCEPS but it does depend on the child and what teacher they get. For instance, one of mine did well with his teacher last year as she was great, this year, he has often complained of being bored. The other one had a terrible year last year, but has a brilliant teacher this year.

Most people, if they have a mixed age range in their kids send them all to R-12.

My advice is to take a look around all of them and then go from there.

I have heard recently though, that if you live over Sheidow Park/Trott Park, your child will have to go to Seaview downs high school because they have just brought new zoning regulations in. At one time everyone could go to R-12.

Hope this helps.

Julie

Guest Libby1971

We lived in Sheidow when we first arrived and started renting.

One went to Woodend primary which although friendly and well set up to greet newbies (there have been quite a few going through the doors) I wouldn't say it has the most academic focus.

Seaview Downs High School is where the other one went and I wasn't impressed. Very slack, standards not great although keen to support migrants.

Trott Park, same applies and you have already been given good info about Hallett Cove.

Archived