457 visa to permanent residence

Guest andrea h

Guest andrea h

Hi can anybody advise !!!!!! since June my husband been in Melbourne on a 457 visa can he apply for permenant residence straight away or does he have to wait 2 yrs , also if he could apply straight away would i as his spouse have to have took up temp residence we bit in limbo as to which way to go due to my medical condition (multiple sclerosis) we know we are facng a tougher battle for PR if he could apply for PR while im still in the UK at least we might get to know after medicals if i would be accepted

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Andrea

Does Hubby already have a positive skills assessment under his belt? If yes, is his employer willing to sponsor him for a PR visa straightaway? If he has the skills assessment but not the willing sponsor, would Hubby be eligible for skilled independent migration instead?

I realise that you probably don't know the answers to any of these questions!

I think the best bet would be to ask Hubby to consult a Registered Migration Agent out in Australia, to find out what his options for a PR visa are. It is illegal to practice as a Migration Agent in Australia unless one is registered with the MARA:

Migration Agents Registration Authority

Use the postcode search to find an Agent reasonably close to where Hubby lives/works, I would suggest.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived