AITSL assessment teacher registration

LFrance

Today, I have found a new document on AITSL’s website detailing the new criteria of Teacher Registration when applying for a skills assessment for teaching. 

Having read through, I believe it suggests that Full/Provisional registration with a teaching board in Australia will benefit those who perhaps don’t fully meet the qualifications criteria (for example school direct with QTS/PGCE routes). It also suggests to me that those who secure employment with a school and have their registration will likely be successful in their assessment. 

I’m just putting this on here to see if people agree with my understanding of this or perhaps have a different interpretation. It could be a huge step forward for those who have struggled to get that all important successful assessment.

Please share and comment to let me know your thoughts. 

I have a relative who is connect to the CEO of AITSL so I am also going to try and get further clarification and will update on here ASAP. 

AITSL.pdf

IMG_1118.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes you can apply for registration offshore. I checked this with WA teaching board. I believe the teacher registration is favourable in application but I am going to try and get a sponsored job to speed up process. 

I’ve also had it confirmed from manager of recruitment at Department for Education in WA that the course with UoN is accepted by them as he had a colleague look in to it. This course was recommended to me by TRBWA. So you would hope with registration and support of DfE, AITSL would view the course and registration adequate. 

• 2 months later...
Guest Savio Mendes

Hi LFrance, Is there a way to speed up the registration process for WA from Offshore? I applied for it on the 20th of March and my IELTS expires by the end of April. Can you please check on this if you can?