Partner Visa 309/100 Medical

JP2019

Good day all,

We have just lodged a family visa offshore in Singapore and now about to do the medical, then the wait begins.

But for the medical as I understand it, a hearing test is done, from experience is this a full auditory exam (in one of those booths wearing a headset, pressing the button when you hear the sounds) or just a physical check in the ears etc. My wife has weak hearing in one ear and she is a little worried about it, so just be nice to know what to expect from other peoples experiences.

Many thanks,

JP

3 hours ago, JP2019 said:

Good day all,

We have just lodged a family visa offshore in Singapore and now about to do the medical, then the wait begins.

But for the medical as I understand it, a hearing test is done, from experience is this a full auditory exam (in one of those booths wearing a headset, pressing the button when you hear the sounds) or just a physical check in the ears etc. My wife has weak hearing in one ear and she is a little worried about it, so just be nice to know what to expect from other peoples experiences.

Many thanks,

JP

I definitely didn't go into a booth or wear a headset in my medical (although it was many years ago now plus I didn't have any hearing issues to be investigated) but after all these years I don't remember what hearing test they did do.

You need to bear in mind that the one and only reason for the medical is to ensure the costs of medical care for you and your dependents won't exceed the benefit to Australia of having you move to Australia. I don't see how your wife having weak hearing in one ear is going to be a potential cost to the Australian taxpayer at all - so unless you think there's some highly expensive operation or treatment and/or disability support that she needs in the long term you really have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Ken