Overseas employment points-Maternity/furlough

HazMcG

Hi guys

I am hoping someone can help me by confirming if I can claim overseas employment points for the following circumstances -

Furlough 

I was placed on furlough due to the Covid pandemic for a period of 11 weeks between January 2021 and April 2021. As part of the terms of furlough I was not allowed to undertake any other form of paid work. I have an email from my employer confirming the position. 

Maternity Leave 

Maternity leave- my employers paid me statutory maternity pay on two separate occasions for 39 weeks. I received 90% of my salary for the first 6 weeks then the statutory amount which was approx £145 per week in 2018/2019 and then £151 per week in 2020/2021 for 33 weeks. I have wage slips from my employer showing they paid statutory maternity pay. 

I have seen some materials that suggest it needs to be “employer paid leave” or words to that effect but I am not sure what that means in practice and the nuances of certain circumstances.

Thanks for any advice or general steer.

I really struggled to find info on this when I was looking (Mat leave, I’ve not looked into furlough I’m afraid). Most people seemed to be saying anything less than full pay during Mat leave meant it wasn’t counted, but that all seemed like quite old info. The most recent discussion I could find on it was a thread on here. 

You can look at the users’ other posts, and I think from memory they both got visas granted.