175 visa validation in London (currently living in Oz)

Guest itskaren

Guest itskaren

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has had their visas validated in the UK? We are going to England arriving on the 22nd Dec and departing on the 1st Jan09. Can we make an appointment or do you just turn up? As it will be Christmas time I think we will be 'cutting it a bit fine'

i would appreciate any advice if anyone else has done this process.

thanks!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Karen

Do you mean that you will be in the UK when your sc 175 visas are granted and that therefore you will want the visas "evidenced" (ie the visa labels put into your passports) in London?

If so, it should be easy enough to do it by post (which is definitely preferable to and cheaper than hacking one's way round Central London so as to be at the Strand for about 8.30 am because I understand that queues can build up for the in-person service which is only available from 9-11am.) Use Special Delivery both ways and the whole thing should take less than a week depending on which days Australia House will be open:

Visas and migration - Australian High Commission

best wishes

Gill

Guest itskaren
Hi Karen

Do you mean that you will be in the UK when your sc 175 visas are granted and that therefore you will want the visas "evidenced" (ie the visa labels put into your passports) in London?

If so, it should be easy enough to do it by post (which is definitely preferable to and cheaper than hacking one's way round Central London so as to be at the Strand for about 8.30 am because I understand that queues can build up for the in-person service which is only available from 9-11am.) Use Special Delivery both ways and the whole thing should take less than a week depending on which days Australia House will be open:

Visas and migration - Australian High Commission

best wishes

Gill

thanks Gill! Much appreciated.

Archived