How much do you need to earn?

Guest turbopaul

Guest turbopaul

Maybe a silly question but I before i embark on a new life I just wondered how much would i need to earn to live a basic life in Aus perth.

I know there will be people earning loads and saying they are struggling but maybe their life style will be very different to other people.

I have been looking at the job market and if i am lucky I hope i can earn between $60 k-$70k and i don't want my wife to work, as i would prefer her to be at home with our young baby.

so is 60 - 70k good enough to live on ?

I hope to be coming to Aus on a 175 skilled visa.

Guest itskaren
Maybe a silly question but I before i embark on a new life I just wondered how much would i need to earn to live a basic life in Aus perth.

I know there will be people earning loads and saying they are struggling but maybe their life style will be very different to other people.

I have been looking at the job market and if i am lucky I hope i can earn between $60 k-$70k and i don't want my wife to work, as i would prefer her to be at home with our young baby.

hi, Look at 'the cost of living' thread recently. I have been shot down completely by this one. However, I still stick by it!

Guest Pinhead

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on your circumstances.

Do you have kids? are they at school?

Do you want a car?

Do you want private medical?

Are you going to rent or buy?

etc,etc

I worked out that a single person (without kids) could easily live in Melbourne city on net $30K excluding housing (rent or mortgage),medical & car costs.

Not sure that helps, your best bet is to make a list of all your expenditure and do some research on the cost of individual things in oz.

www.realestate.com.au is the best place to look at the price of housing

Guest jonseywife

How funny........ I remember a while back, I posted a thread before we came to Oz asking 'if you could manage on $4000 per month?????'

Most people said yes, but realistically its more like $5000 to $6000 for us!!!!!!!! However, there are six of us in the family, with three tenagers,which makes everything more expensive ofcourse and we need a bigger house (with a mortgage ofcourse), bigger car, more food, money for recreation etc., so it does depend on your circumstances really. Just expect everthing to be more expensive than you first thought, and you wont be wrong!!!!!

Good luck :yes:

Guest Wisemad

I guess the biggest thing will bw whether you will have enough money to purchase a property withut needing a mortgage or whether you will need to get a mortgage or rent. The interest rate is almost 10% and it makes big difference in your budget.

Guest turbopaul

We have some savings but no where near enough to buy a place with.

So rent would be the option to start with I guess and work out if we can afford the mortgage or not.

Archived