2nd Instalment for 143 visa after AOS

Victoria P

My mother’s 143 offshore application was being assessed in May this year as we were asked to email supporting documents, health check and to arrange  AOS at the time. We have done everything and AOS acceptance was received and sent to Immigration in July. Then, we haven’t heard anything from them. Is it normal? I thought the 2nd Instalment would be requested soon after the AOS acceptance. I was thinking about calling Immigration to enquire but I feel that they probably won’t answer this sort of question. And I doubt I will get any response if I email them enquiring about the visa progress. But I am anxious as I worry that I may have missed anything that were requested by Immigration and that’s why they are completely silent.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone in the similar situation?

35 minutes ago, Victoria P said:

My mother’s 143 offshore application was being assessed in May this year as we were asked to email supporting documents, health check and to arrange  AOS at the time. We have done everything and AOS acceptance was received and sent to Immigration in July. Then, we haven’t heard anything from them. Is it normal? I thought the 2nd Instalment would be requested soon after the AOS acceptance. I was thinking about calling Immigration to enquire but I feel that they probably won’t answer this sort of question. And I doubt I will get any response if I email them enquiring about the visa progress. But I am anxious as I worry that I may have missed anything that were requested by Immigration and that’s why they are completely silent.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone in the similar situation?

I am in similar situation and most of the people who applied in feb to may 2016 are in similar position,you need not worry much they are not requesting 2nd vac at the moment 

3 hours ago, Victoria P said:

3 hours ago, nitz said:

I am in similar situation and most of the people who applied in feb to may 2016 are in similar position,you need not worry much they are not requesting 2nd vac at the moment 

Thanks for sharing your experience. If we are going to wait for months before 2nd vac, does it mean the health check and police check will be outdated by then and we will have to do it again?

4 hours ago, Victoria P said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. If we are going to wait for months before 2nd vac, does it mean the health check and police check will be outdated by then and we will have to do it again?

Yeah will have to wait and see what they say maybe they exempt with the ones they have as they know covid kicked in

56 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

Police checks and medical are valid for a year, We are in the same position as you, just waiting for 2nd vac request since March. Immi are waiting tIll border restrictions are relaxed so sadly could be a long wait. But fingers crossed that it isn’t. 

That’s a long wait, Jane. Hopefully not too much longer.