Public Schools in North or South Coast Sydney

Sbates

Hi expats, looking for some advice on peoples experience with public schooling in outer Sydney regions. We have recently returned to Australia from abroad, and have our first son ready to start Primary school. We have flexibility on where to live so we are looking at both north coast (Central Coast and up), and south coast (Kiama and south). I understand the Australian schooling landscape fairly well (being an Aussie myself), but not so much on specific schools in these areas. We would really prefer to avoid the religious schools. Are there any good options people can recommend from experience?

• 4 months later...

Did you find the information you need? I saw something in the paper about a increase in applications to Catholic schools from both Catholics and other denominations or no denominations. Part of my schooling was RC and I still have the scars to prove it.

I was wondering if referring to "North Coast"  in your title but talking about about "outer Sydney regions" might confuse some people because they might think the North coast of NSW - up towards the QLD border?