QLD quarantine charges

lydia_schmidia

31 minutes ago, lydia_schmidia said:

Hmm, just to link back to the DHA page, which says the following; 

"You are considered ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia if international movement records show that you’ve spent more time outside Australia than inside for the last 12 to 24 months. You do not need to carry a paper record of your movements with you. If required, Australian Border Force officers at airports can check your movement records in Departmental systems.

If you have not spent more time outside Australia than inside for the last 12 to 24 months, but still consider yourself to be ordinarily resident in another country, you can submit a request for a travel exemption."

Of course I suppose what they say and what people's actual experiences are might be different!

Can you share the link to this page please? This will be helpful for me just incase i need to return to UK, i've been worried about having to come back and then being stuck in Australia, especially if they refuse my partner an exemption and i'm there on my with no idea when he may be allowed in, it would drive me a bit crazy . But if its possibly not the case and i still have option to return to UK if i couldn't cope then that would take a huge weight off my mind! Thankyou x

1 minute ago, RosieH11 said:

Can you share the link to this page please? This will be helpful for me just incase i need to return to UK, i've been worried about having to come back and then being stuck in Australia, especially if they refuse my partner an exemption and i'm there on my with no idea when he may be allowed in, it would drive me a bit crazy . But if its possibly not the case and i still have option to return to UK if i couldn't cope then that would take a huge weight off my mind! Thankyou x

Sure, it's this one - I was looking at the leaving Australia section https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/ x

• Like 1