E bike shipping

A&L

Hi

Has anyone shipped an e-bike over recently and if you did was it just included in your container and did you have to apply for a licence to ship it?

Getting nowhere fast one place says not a problem another says need to apply for a licence...

Many Thanks 

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @A&L I had a good chat with Liam the director  @PSS International Removals tonight for you. From what I understand is that you personally don’t need a license to ship it over, however if you send it via sea or airfreight the carrier needs to be IATA approved and have a hazardous goods licence. I hope that makes sense. He also asked if the battery can be removed or is it sealed in the unit? 

I know when I take my mobility scooter on the plane they have to remove the lithium battery and pack separately. 

Liam is very helpful and PSS have gone out of their way to help a large number of our members. If you still have questions I am happy to put you in touch with them direct. 

Hi,

Thats fab thankyou it does come off if that changes anything...

Was beginning to think he might have to sell it! And he's more attached to his bike than anything else...

Thanks again will maybe reconsider getting a quote from pss then...