Leaving employer 187 visa

diver001

Hi everyone, I have been thinking of leaving my employer before 2 years after my visa was granted.

I have been working in this company for 3.5 years. My 187 visa was granted 1 year ago and I still have 1 year to go to finish the requirement of the 187 visa.

I don't really like working here at all as the employer always verbal abuses employees and he is a big racists ( I have all the evidence of the messages he sent to me and crew). The only reason that I'm still here is for the visa.

Recent, my employer found out my thought to him. He told me that if I am not happy here, I don't have to stay here for another year just for the visa. He thought my stay will pose negative impact to the new crew.

Do you think in this case I will be safe to leave? If yes, should I just verbal tell him I am leaving or write  proper resignation?

If he reports to the department after I have left, is the fact that he is verbal abusing employees and being a racist a strong enough reason for me to leave the company?

Thanks in advance fr your suggestion!

• 4 months later...
On 30/01/2020 at 11:33, diver001 said:

Hi everyone, I have been thinking of leaving my employer before 2 years after my visa was granted.

I have been working in this company for 3.5 years. My 187 visa was granted 1 year ago and I still have 1 year to go to finish the requirement of the 187 visa.

I don't really like working here at all as the employer always verbal abuses employees and he is a big racists ( I have all the evidence of the messages he sent to me and crew). The only reason that I'm still here is for the visa.

Recent, my employer found out my thought to him. He told me that if I am not happy here, I don't have to stay here for another year just for the visa. He thought my stay will pose negative impact to the new crew.

Do you think in this case I will be safe to leave? If yes, should I just verbal tell him I am leaving or write  proper resignation?

If he reports to the department after I have left, is the fact that he is verbal abusing employees and being a racist a strong enough reason for me to leave the company?

Thanks in advance fr your suggestion!

Your background is exactly same as me, i’ve been working for 3.5yrs but only 1yr after PR. I want to leave just because it takes me 1hr1mins to drive (110km) and the wages is not worth it.

I talked to my agent and she said i just can leave especially during the covid 19 situation. She said leaving after 1 year with 187 is fine and i can move back to Melbourne. Also, the covid 19 has affected so many business and lots of 187 employees has been lacked of, the department cannot do anything about this. She also said, if the employer report you and unfortunately we all have to go to court, it’s very hard to prove that the job isn’t genuine ( cause we’ve been working for longtime) or lead to the cancellation of visa.