qualification points for positive skill assessment from TRA

jeff ip

Hi everyone,

I received a positive outcome letter (MSA) from TRA just a few days ago. Since the outcome letter did not mention my education qualification level (i obtained a higher diploma in Hong Kong).I have two question about claiming education qualification points

Do I need to apply for migration point advice from TRA in order to claim education qualification points? or the outcome letter itself represents 10 points under the points table ?(Attained a qualification or award recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation as being suitable for that occupation)

I am trying to apply for state nomination visa 491 from NSW and filling out the eoi now but got stuck at the education section now.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. much appreciated for your help

jeff

4 hours ago, jeff ip said:

Hi everyone,

I received a positive outcome letter (MSA) from TRA just a few days ago. Since the outcome letter did not mention my education qualification level (i obtained a higher diploma in Hong Kong).I have two question about claiming education qualification points

Do I need to apply for migration point advice from TRA in order to claim education qualification points? or the outcome letter itself represents 10 points under the points table ?(Attained a qualification or award recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation as being suitable for that occupation)

I am trying to apply for state nomination visa 491 from NSW and filling out the eoi now but got stuck at the education section now.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. much appreciated for your help

jeff

You can only claim based on your skills assessment. Just leave that diploma out or you can mention it on your EOI if it doesn’t adjust the points  

4 hours ago, Lambert said:

You can only claim based on your skills assessment. Just leave that diploma out or you can mention it on your EOI if it doesn’t adjust the points  

Thanks for your reply. However. I am still a bit confused . I am not sure if i am entitled to claim that 10 points with the outcome letter. the diploma i mentioned was used to assist the assessment. (TRA requires relevant qualification as well as experience). The MSA outcome letter does not mention education qualification ( having a positive outcome from any of assessing authorities certify that you have the minimum academic qualification if i am not mistaken)

I just want to kow if i can claim those 10 points , regardless of whether the diploma was mentioned in the outcome letter or not. (of coz when i am apply for state nomination i will also submit the certificate of my diploma)