491 to PR or Company sponsored to PR

berryblue

Hello,

I am currently living and working in Asia and have 189 and 190 EOI. However my maximum points on Nov 16 after all the changes will only be 75. I am planning on going the 491 route on Nov 16 in case my occupation is open in the regional lists.

As of 2 weeks ago, my company has several job openings in Australia and opened the opportunity to employees in Asia and Europe. I have been asked by HR to apply for one of the openings as I am qualified.

Here are the 3 options I have in mind:

Option 1: Go ahead and make the move and work on a PR from the company sponsorship

Option 2: Should I try my luck with the 491 instead?

Option 3: Take the company sponsorship and if I get and invite for 190/491/189 then apply to those and switch visas? ---> Is this visa switch even possible?

Here are some points to consider:

1) The job opening is a different occupation from what I am doing now i.e. what I have listed in my EOI  and claimed points for … so different that it will need to go through Vetassess while I currently have more than 8 years positive assessment with ACS. Will I need to do another skill assessment if my company sponsors me and will my years credited by ACS end the moment I take on another occupation?

2) Our company's office address is not in a regional area. It is located in the CBD of a capital city which does not list my occupation as "open". Will this be an issue when I submit a 491 EOI since the states will wonder why I want to move out of the CBD district?

Hoping to hear your thoughts on this.