Medical Inquiry for Visa 189

beetle00

Hello guys, I would just like to seek opinions to seniors here in forum regarding my de facto partner.

1. We are expecting an invite this coming November
2. From the recent check-up of my partner for her hyperthyroidism, she was informed that she would need to undergo an operation this coming December 11 before her doctor give her a medical clearance
3. Also, we are planning to have her hemorrhoids and tonsillitis to be checked as well for medical clearance 

Given the scenario above, what is the best way to tackle the situation?

1. To lodge the visa application upon invite and do the medicals after the operation is done? 
2. To wait for the operation then do the medicals prior visa lodging?
3. Given the above condition of my partner, is this a ground for visa refusal due to health issues particularly the hyperthyroidism?

Thanks in advance!

You wont get refused for the thyroid problem.  If it is removed or part removed she will probably then have to go on Thyroxine for life.  It will take a few months to get the dose regulated but Thyroxine is cheap as chips here so no big cost.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

You wont get refused for the thyroid problem.  If it is removed or part removed she will probably then have to go on Thyroxine for life.  It will take a few months to get the dose regulated but Thyroxine is cheap as chips here so no big cost.  

thanks AJ! so do you advise to immediately lodge the visa after receiving the invite then do the medicals after surgery or to wait for the result of the surgery prior lodging the visa?