Transferring Superannuation from the UK

Pingpongpom2

Hello,

I am looking for advice on transferring Superannuation from the UK. My husband and I are now looking to pool our money in the UK with our Superannuation in Australia, as we are planning our retirement. I worked for the Education Department for a few years and my husband worked for the NHS for many years. We have no idea how to go about this, so would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:23, Pingpongpom2 said:

Hello,

I am looking for advice on transferring Superannuation from the UK. My husband and I are now looking to pool our money in the UK with our Superannuation in Australia, as we are planning our retirement. I worked for the Education Department for a few years and my husband worked for the NHS for many years. We have no idea how to go about this, so would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Hi Pingpongpom2

Not sure what has happened here as I replied to this last Monday (and it seems to have disappeared).

It sounds to me as the schemes you have are government un-funded defined benefit schemes (certainly the NHS scheme is) in which case this means that these schemes cannot be transferred to Australia any longer (since April 2015).

That being the case then it seems that the only option you have is to take the benefits of the scheme at the schemes normal retirement (pension) age.

HTH

Andy