Air conditioning / refrigeration job search

will87

Hi,

I am currently in the UK going through the process of getting my skills assessed.

When entering Australia (Adelaide), I understand, after applying for relevant licenses, I will have to work for 1 year under supervision. Has anyone from the UK done this. And how easy/hard is it to find a company to take someone on in this situation.

Any help would be great. Thanks 

Its pretty much the same for us sparky's and from the replies I got it is doable. Probably on a lower wage but doable. I am told there are also local schemes when you arrive that will help you with getting licences etc. to the point of subsidised or even free training.

I'm a little bit ahead of you in the process and also heading to Adelaide so im happy to share any info i find with you. I got some very good replies posting here also

https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/10-jobs-careers-vacancies/

If you have linkedin or seek apps make a note of companies that advertise for your skills. I doubt many tradies get jobs before landing but you can specifically target these companies when you arrive. Have a read here also.

Ok thanks for the help. Yes I've just signed up to pomsinadelaide so I will post a similar question I think. Not many air con guys heading over anymore according to a migration agent I spoke to. 

That's good to know about possible subsidies as I know there are a couple licences I need to apply for. 

I'm expecting a lower wage when I start but hopefully it would rise quickly after the first year