457 visa

Guest Asquiths

Guest Asquiths

Hi

I commence my new job in Perth beetween the 22nd Sep and 1st Oct and we are sorting the temporary 457 visa out so i realy need it ASAP. Can we submitt the application and be accepted before the X ray is sent ie do it in Australia or does it need to be done before we can head to Australia?

How long will the Xray process take?

Any other ideas to get into Australia quickly?

Thanks

Guest sweetpea0701

Hi There,

You have to have the x-rays first, you will not be granted 457 visa without them.

My advice is do not book your ticket until you have visas. as they have to be evidenced outside of Australia.

Our 457 Visa took approx 6mths.

All you need is a chest x-ray, took about 10mins as there are questions you have to answer. It costs us about £70 Each

Guest Ed&Laura

Hi Sweetpea, blimey, 6 months, in another post someone says that it can take as little as 5 weeks! My girlfirend and I are literally about to apply for our 457 visa. She got her contract yesterday and has a start date (in Melbourne) which is in less than 10 weeks!

There is just the 2 of us so I'm guessing that this should make things slightly quicker

Guest sweetpea0701
Hi Sweetpea, blimey, 6 months, in another post someone says that it can take as little as 5 weeks! My girlfirend and I are literally about to apply for our 457 visa. She got her contract yesterday and has a start date (in Melbourne) which is in less than 10 weeks!

There is just the 2 of us so I'm guessing that this should make things slightly quicker

Thinking about it we were away for 5 weeks, and then a slight delay so if you take those out of the 6mths ...it took 4mths.

They may be quicker now...but I still wouldn't book flights until visas recieved.

Thanks

Hi there

My agent lodged my application on 17th June. I sent the x-rays about a week later.

Just heard we've been approved !!!!!

off to book the flights!!

In answer to the earlier question our visa was lodged in two parts. The first part was the business sponsorship, this was approved immediately. Then we lodged the immigration side of it, they requested x-rays, we sent them and it was approved within a week of receipt.

Good luck to all, maybe see you down under!!

Guest cityfan

Just heard we've been approved !!!!!

off to book the flights!!

hi...great news for you....i have just started process of 457 with a healthcare agency....do you know how long they hold the job offer for on this type of visa?.....is it about 6months?......we want to go out around may next year so when would you recommend that i put in for interviews etc....i have 2 girls who are both at school and i have read somewhere that school fees are waived on a 457 in some states....do you know anything about this?.............sorry to ask so much.....cheers...x:wubclub:

Hi City.

Once the visa is granted your 4 years start ticking away, so although I start on Sept 1st, my visa will run out 4 years from now.

I'd start applying Sept/October? at a guess. by the time you find something and all the paper work is done.

Not sure about the schools, but i thought I'd read 457 people have to fund their own schooling because your a Brit and not a resident.

hope that helps.

b.

Archived