NHS & Type 1 Diabetic children

TazG

I am wondering how the NHS will is work for my 16yr old daughter if we do move back. she is type 1 diabetic and a dual national.  I am going to try and apply for an NHS number when we return in May next year. Thinking about putting down my cousins address as ours so that we at least have that sorted. 

You don't need to do that re the NHS number, not until you move back and are resident. If you are back for a holiday is all you are not resident in the UK at that time. You'll be able to access the reciprocal cover between the UK and Aus and should take out travel insurance that includes medical for a holiday in case of other problems. 

I'd wait till you move back permanently and then register her for an NHS number then. 

Its straightforward enough to do and if you are back and living in the UK she'll be able to access medical care via the NHS. You'll need her medical records, to register with a local GP and get into the system.