NSW Weather

Guest linnellio

Guest linnellio

Hi All

Been reading another thread and someone mentions that if you like the 'cold snap' of winter and watching the leaves change colour in autumn you should choose your state carefully. I must admit that I was hoping to still get this in Newcastle NSW as Im sure they have a colder winter but was unsure about the autumn thing?? Anyone able to confirm or deny??!!!!

Cheers

Lee and Cathy

Guest Jaynie

:cute:We still get the seasons, Autumn when the trees shed and change colour, Winter which it is now and my Daffodils are already coming out in flower, grass doesn't grow as much, weather is lovely through the day but cold at night, Spring when all the flowering shrubs come out especially the Jacaranda trees which are beautiful and then Summer when your annuals come out, but the water is scarce and you have to improvise. NSW is a lovely state to live in and Newcastle is up the road from me (about an hour) and the Hunter Valley is gorgeous.

Happy days:cute:

I would think you might get that Autumn scenery somewhere around the Hunter Valley region, but I could be wrong.

Over the mountain range from Wollongong is what is known as the Southern Highland region, Moss Vale, Robertson & Bowral are just a few places in that region, there are trees in these towns that you would find in the UK, so at this time of year, they have shed their leaves.

It looks beautiful in Autumn, but I couldn't handle the cold weather that they have there in Winter, they have also had snow from time to time too, but is doesn't hang around for too long, we drove up to see it a couple of years ago [30 mins] after getting out of the car I realised why we had emigrated, Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Guest linnellio

Thanks for your comments guys. I did laugh at Skippy saying too cold! I know it must seem weird but after living here for so long I figured I would miss the seasons as they are a part of me!! We are hoping the weather is better on the whole but mainly looking for a more laid back way of life and safer streets for the kids than the sun.

Lee and Cathy

Hi there, we're currently in Edinburgh but are heading to Newcastle in the New Year. We've talked a lot to the kids about the weather but it's me who's going to miss the cold! Scotland in the summer is just about perfect for me so I'm kind of dreading up to 40 degree heat!! Glad to hear that there are seasons as we know it, though. Where abouts in Newcastle are you going? Desperately trying to find out about areas and schools.

Sandra

• 4 weeks later...
hi there, we're currently in edinburgh but are heading to newcastle in the new year. We've talked a lot to the kids about the weather but it's me who's going to miss the cold! Scotland in the summer is just about perfect for me so i'm kind of dreading up to 40 degree heat!! Glad to hear that there are seasons as we know it, though. Where abouts in newcastle are you going? Desperately trying to find out about areas and schools.

Sandra

hi sandra sorry to barge in on thisposting but not that often you see somebody from scotland,we live in largs on the west coast and are heading out to terrigal, avoca, wamberal area, hopefullt in january depending on house sale (if only they would sign the missives!!!!!) where you hoping to go, have you got work , do you have a family what age your kids, . Sorry lots of questions but like you trying to find out about schools, education, costs etc.

Tracey

Archived