309 successful! But wife will be away for 4 months! Problem?

Raymo

Hi guys. been searching in vain for clear info on this question. OK: Wife was granted a 309 visa (I'm her Aussie sponsor). We arrived in Australia in time for the "must enter Australia before..." requirement and spent two weeks together here. We have both have returned O/S to pack, sell things etc before our permanent arrival in Oz. I will be returning in January 2018. However, my wife must stay another 4 months due to work commitments. The question is: will this 4 months apart jeopardise her chances of getting permanent residency, or is this time short enough so as to be insignificant? Been hearing conflicting opinions. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

I’d seek out an agent and run it past them to be safe. It could be you will need to fully document the time apart evidence wise. And ensure things like money goes between accounts or into a joint account etc. 

Things like naming your wife on the lease of your Aus property and that sort of thing would be good. Even if she isn’t there to begin with, being on the lease is important.

And keep things like wills and life insurance policies active. If you don’t have them yet, would be good to get on it perhaps. 

10 hours ago, Raymo said:

Hi guys. been searching in vain for clear info on this question. OK: Wife was granted a 309 visa (I'm her Aussie sponsor). We arrived in Australia in time for the "must enter Australia before..." requirement and spent two weeks together here. We have both have returned O/S to pack, sell things etc before our permanent arrival in Oz. I will be returning in January 2018. However, my wife must stay another 4 months due to work commitments. The question is: will this 4 months apart jeopardise her chances of getting permanent residency, or is this time short enough so as to be insignificant? Been hearing conflicting opinions. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

From what you have posted, you do not have  problem.