DIBP Monthly newsletter

barker

Thought I would make this thread to link to DIBP's new monthly newsletter. 
September:
https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/Newsletters/skilled-visa-enews-september-2017.aspx

For the competent language evidence,how come the test should be conducted no more than 12 months prior to the visa lodgement?Supposed to be 3 years before the application as per check on the definition of competent language capability. Can Anyone advise?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

21 hours ago, stellagee said:

For the competent language evidence,how come the test should be conducted no more than 12 months prior to the visa lodgement?Supposed to be 3 years before the application as per check on the definition of competent language capability. Can Anyone advise?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Yeah I’ve just posted a similar post about my situation in 186 timeline thread.

Immi website still says three years before.

Heres the update I got in my email from MIA. Def a typo! 

English language validity - Skilled Visa E-News
mia-email-2-02.png

Many members contacted the MIA about the error in the English language test validity in the September Skilled Visa E News.  The MIA alerted the Department to the error shortly after the newsletter was released and that statement has now been removed from the website.

Competent English language test validity for primary applicants is 3 years immediately prior to application for sponsored skilled visas or an invitation to apply for a points-tested visa (Reg 1.15C (1)).

Functional English language test validity for secondary applicants who were 18 or over at the time of application is 12 months immediately prior to application (IMMI 15/004).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...