Cook

Kam...

Got 457 to 187 got pr in July 2017. Working from last 4 year in same company.got promoted from cook to sous chef but still same pay. Got more responsibility. I asked for pay rise but they said no but they said if you want to resign we will accept you resignation and will approve your resignation so I can leave or not. Thx 

I would not risk it. If your employer notifies the department, or if the department becomes aware via data matching they could seek to cancel your visa.

From the website: 

(https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/187-)

We might cancel this visa if you do not make a genuine effort to begin employment with your employer within six months of:

• your first entry to Australia if you were granted this visa while you were outside of Australia; or
  • the visa being granted if you were granted this visa while you were in Australia.

We might also seek to cancel this visa if you begin employment but do not remain in the position for the full two years.

If this happens, you will have a chance to explain, in writing, why your visa should not be cancelled.

Archived