Biomedical Scientist 189

MattJG

Evening guys, first post and all.

Currently awaiting to sit my IELTS exam to send off for my skills assessment to get my EOI kicked off.

Wanting to hear from any other Biomeds on how they found the AIMS exam? 

And does anyone have an idea if the partnership between the IBMS and AIMS is beneficial in terms of the visa? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt. I see no one has answered so I am going to try and say a little. I am also a BMS and did look into the 189 but like you I was faced with the prospect of sitting the AIMS exam. I did IELTS as well which was easy and got assessed as a MLA.

I looked at the questions and although they appear relatively easy I have zero experience in anything other than Haematology. Now I have decided against doing it as it's all too much cause I am in the middle of an MSc. I am now planning to go with an alternative visa and just take my chance with jobs. There aren't many of us on these forums so you may struggle to get help here.

About AIMS and IBMS, they have no link whatsoever and I find this strange. I think if one is a member then they should have concessions. Sorry couldn't help but all the best.

minus b plus/minus the square root of b squared minus four A C all over two A.

• Like 1