Skills Assessment for Teachers - unusual scenario

Hi,

My brother is in the process of applying for a 190 visa but faces a stumbling block.

He completed a 3 year bachelor QTS in primary teaching 9 years ago and despite being a qualified teacher with years of experience, AITSL will not pass him on a skills assessment as they require 4 years tertiary education.

He is looking at further study options and I just wondered if anyone else faced this issue (I have seen a couple of posts around this) and what you did to overcome it. I suppose I am wanting to know if anyone has found a way around this issue and/or what further study routes anyone has taken to overcome it.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I have this issue also. I have recently completed the 3 year BA. Due to start my first teaching job in September. Is the only way around it to complete an additional year of university study then? I really don't want to go back to uni!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Yeah, I was in Sydney on a WHV and did casual teaching, but because my degree was only 3 years I was unable to fully register because Australian degrees are 4 years so you have to have done 4 years to be recognised as having an equivalent qualification. It's annoying but I don't think there's any way around it. 

Archived